Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Dreaded Week 2

Last week, I made the commitment to live a healthy and active life.  The initial excitement and anticipation is starting to wear off and now I'm questioning my ability to accomplish my goals.  During week one, I focused mainly on my diet.  I ate lots of fruits and veggies and eliminated all sweets.  I was surprised by my ability to just turn off my need desire for ice cream.  I dropped six pounds and was elated.  Every morning I would wake up eager to jump on the scale and see what I had lost.

Naturally, as I approach the second week of my new life, counting calories alone is not resulting in the rapid success of week one.  Did my body really adjust to its new calorie intake in just one week?  I would think that a 266 pound body would still drop weight on 1500 calories per day.

In the past, I've benefited most from a combination of diet and exercise but I'm finding it hard to get myself moving.  I make excuse after excuse...it's hot...it's humid...I have no one to walk with.  I know that I feel better after I exercise so I think at this point it's just a matter of getting into a routine.  If I wake up every day and go for a walk first thing, eventually it should become habit...right?

1 comment:

  1. I just posted a REALLY long inspiring comment then lost it somewhere in cyberspace. As far as the exercise, find something you really enjoy. Try yoga, pilates, Zumba, swimming, etc. Something will click for you and you will start looking forward to it. I see that you just started this so I urge you not to give up! I will be looking forward to your updates and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...