Monday, July 18, 2011

Why 136?

The title of my blog is significant for two reasons.  For a 5'4" adult female, 136 pounds is towards the higher end of the "Healthy Weight" range.  Also, with a starting weight of 272 pounds, I will have to lose 136 pounds in order to weigh 136 pounds.  Yes.  I need to lose exactly half (50%) of my body weight.


Idea stolen from Mary.




When I look at this chart it seems all but impossible.  However, thinking about losing weight in terms of 10 pounds at a time it doesn't seem as daunting. 

So...
Step one: Set some manageable goals. 
Step two: Meet those goals.
Step three: Live happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Setting mini-goals is key - I always looked at weight loss as a giant task and got easily discouraged. When I broke it up into smaller, more manageable tasks, the goals became feasible. Some are based on numbers I remember from my past (what I weighed when I started college, what I weighed on my state ID), some are loss related (down 100, a non-obese BMI), and some are just random numbers in between to break it up a little. ♥ You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...