Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week 3

Coming off last week I was feeling pretty down despite my buck-up camper blog post.  I was convinced once again that loosing a significant amount of weight was something that would never happen.  But an interesting thing happened.  I didn't give up and binge eat because although I didn't lose any weight last week I felt better.

Week three was full of travel and temptations.  I did my best to make good choices with my eating and I accomplished my goal of 4 days of exercise for at least 30 minutes. And it paid off!


Starting weight: 272 lbs.
Current weight: 263.5 lbs.
Weekly loss: 2.5 lbs.
Total loss: 8.5 lbs.

Was I hoping that my weight loss would be higher?  Of course.  But I think that 2.5 lbs is a reasonable loss that I will be able to maintain week to week.  I didn't feel deprived this week, and although I could have eaten better/less and worked out more, I feel like I found a balance this week (longer post about this coming shortly).

Overall, I am proud of the progress I made this week.  Going into week four, I want to exercise 4 times during the week for at least 30 minutes.

My smart, healthy, rational goal for next week is to lose 1.5 lbs which will total 10 lbs lost in a month.  My I will have to work hard to achieve it goal, is to lose 3.5 lbs so I will be out of the 260's.

1 comment:

  1. Great job!!! Balance is key, too much of even good things (exercise, calorie cutting) can be just as bad as not exercising and overeating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...