Sunday, July 10, 2011

Here I Am...


Standing on the edge of 30 and I don’t know if I’ve ever truly been honest with myself.  So here I go…

I am overweight obese.  Obese.  It seems like such a dirty word.  A word woven with the stigma of lazy, greedy, weak-willed, and slobby.  And as much as I want to believe that I am not those things, I don’t have the self-confidence to say that…yet.

But I am finally ready to change.  Well…if I am being totally honest, I think that I am finally ready to change.  Actually making a change…that’s the hard part.  I always thought that by 30 I would be married, own a house, have a career, and maybe even be considering children.  Instead I am single, renting, unemployed, and can’t fathom the idea of ever having a family with someone.

I remember being 19 thinking, “I am going to lose the weight before I’m in my 20’s.”  And at 25 thinking, “I can’t believe I’ve wasted half of my 20’s being overweight.”  And here I am in the twilight of my 20’s regretting that I never took any steps to change my life.

It’s time to be honest with myself.  This blog is my first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...