Monday, August 8, 2011

Naive

Last week I wrote about balance.  I was quite naive to think that finding balance would come so quickly.  The first three weeks of Amy Gets Healthy I was so committed and determined.  I counted calories and measured portions and I just had the mentality that once I hit those calories I was done eating for the day.  I didn't allow myself any treats for the first two weeks and I didn't seem to miss them.  

But somewhere between then and now it seems I've misplaced my balance.  My weigh in day is Thursday which means I typically spend Friday and Saturday "celebrating" the weight I have lost with food.  How screwed up is that?  I guess I figure that the weekends don't count and that I can get back on track by the following Thursday.  Even if this is the case, I am still sabotaging my weight loss.  Imagine what my weight loss might be if I didn't have to re-lose the pound I gained over the weekend.

I really do want to commit and hit my long term goal but I just can't seem to get my head on straight.  

     

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand this. I can't do "cheat" days for this reason - I don't want to take a break from treating my body right. I'd rather redefine treating my body right - which means occasional small treats, but not whole days dedicated to them. Allowing a "day off" might not be right for you at this point in the game. Reevaluate, and keep pushing forward. You can do this - it isn't easy, but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...