Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Long Term Goal

Today is my half birthday.  Today I am 29 and a half.  In exactly six months, I will turn the big 3-0.

Throughout my life, I have vowed to lose weight by a certain birthday, anniversary, or holiday.  In my first post I wrote:  I remember being 19 thinking, “I am going to lose the weight before I’m in my 20’s.”  And at 25 thinking, “I can’t believe I’ve wasted half of my 20’s being overweight.”  And here I am in the twilight of my 20’s regretting that I never took any steps to change my life.

But I am finally taking those steps.  I am ready to make a change and I am ready to set a big goal.  So here it is:

I want to weigh 199 pounds (or less) on my 30th birthday.

This means that in 6 months I need to lose 62 pounds.  I think that this will be challenging but I think that this will be possible.  I will get started on this goal tomorrow as it is Fitness Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you. Thin by thirty is my goal too. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good goal, great motivation. You can totally do this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...